02 March 2012

JEM Butterflies at Sofisticake




Evening-open at Sofisticake went really well, people were actually queuing outside the store before we opened!
It´s always nice to meet people who share the same passion as yourself, and also to say hello to a couple of Cakeryblog's regular readers, thanks for stopping by :)



I did a demo with JEM´s butterfly-cutters and the aid of the fantastic roller pad. Really great to work with, it only takes 5-10 minutes to make a perfect butterfly in 2 tones, and it is not difficult at all with a few tricks and tips. I hope JEM will make more of this kind of cutters.
 


These are all 2-toned, but i also made some in white, leaving out the little parts, creating a beautiful lace-effect. I´m sure the butterflies will also look great with a touch of edable gold paint, or with other dusting-colors - Like rainbow-colours and sparkles? :)
 

9 comments:

  1. I have these cutters, but I don't really use them. I havn't found out the trick yet. I should have seen you in action :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hvor er de skønne. Jeg er også ret vild med de sommerfugle og synes ikke det er så svært, når man lige får taget på det.

    ReplyDelete
  3. De er fantastiske at arbejde med, jeg kunne slet ikke slippe dem igen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these cutters, but my butterflies dont look as good as yours. Would you mind sharing your tips and tricks? I would love to start using them on cakes and cupcakse. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. -Sorry Amy, i just saw your comment now - I'll make a How-to soon, it's a bit difficult to explain, still it's quite easy so hold on.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, I cant wait! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have these cutters alsow, but I cant even get them out in one piece. I'm looking forward to a How-to!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I already found it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tutorial here: http://cakeryblog.blogspot.dk/2012/05/tutorial-jem-butterflies.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete