How to slice and frost a cake with buttercream
- Mostly for fun, but he do use a great technique for slicing/torting the cake - i would hold back on the syrup though! :)
How to fill a cake
- How i do it, except after danish standards, i would slice/torte those two cakes each into two or three layers.
How to crumb coat a cake
- I would stop the buttercream fun here - and go for covering the cake with sugarpaste/fondant.
How to ice a cake
- -But if you like to avoid sugarpaste/fondant, this is how. I prefer using a piping bag to distribute my icing with though. This way i can half the recipe and i don´t have to bounce the cake around.
How to cover a square cake with fondant
- Most important here; Fit the corners first and the rest will go like a breeze.
How to cover a round cake with fondant
- I just love this guys pink rollingpin!
How to stack cakes
- I use straws. The large, regular ones. I´ve never needed the stronger ones. Maybe my cakes are´nt as heavy as the english/american cakes?
How to make roses, using a 5-petal cutter:
Part 1: Rose bud
Part 2: Medium size rose
Part 3: Full size rose
- I always use water or clear alcohol to glue the parts with.
Other great tutorials on the net: